Here's how it works:
- Choose a Timeframe. You can select all posts or a range of posts between two specific dates.
- Choose the privacy level to change posts from, and the new privacy level they should become.
- Click "Update Entries" and you will get a page showing how many posts match your criteria.
- Once you've confirmed your settings, you click "Yes, Update these Posts". Your password might be required.
- We'll send you an email when your entries have been updated. The final step doesn't tell you when the changes are complete, because it may take several seconds, or occasionally even longer.
Things to note:-- Right now this tool only supports switching from and to the basic privacy levels (public, friends only or private). Any changes you make will not apply to posts that are set to a custom friends group (the tool will just skip over those posts).
-- There is no "undo" button for these actions. If you change the privacy level on one or more of your posts by mistake, you'll have to go back in and change them to their desired privacy level.
-- We have two simple security measures in place:
- Passwords are required when making posts more public. If someone gained access to your computer or hijacked your login session, they would only be able to use this tool if they also had your password. Make sure you keep your passwords secure and hard to crack.
- Email notifications are sent each time this tool is used. This means you will always know if someone, you or someone else, used this tool to make changes to posts, and roughly what those changes were.
Hope you like it!