|Additions and improvements for Paid Feature
||[Nov. 12th, 2009|02:11 pm]
We've made some additions and improvements to Notes!
The Notes feature has been added to two action-taking pages:
- You can now add a Note directly on the Add a friend page - handy if you'd like to mark down where you met them or another name you know them by!
- On the Ban and unban users page (under Account -> Privacy) you can now add a Note, including to a group of users all banned at the same time (so that next year you won't need to ask yourself "hey, why did I ban these guys?")
- When you're viewing your existing Notes they're grayed out; click in a field to activate it to change the text (this page can be found from the header by using Profile -> Manage Notes)
- Changes to editing:
- When you're going to create a new Note but one already exists, you'll get a warning that you're editing an existing Note
- You can now delete a note from the "Edit note" pop-up in the hover menu
- You can now delete notes for multiple selected users on the Manage notes page
- When you change Notes on "Ban|unban users" page, they can be edited and saved with "Save Changes" button
So many fancy bells and whistles, and they're nice (especially the anti spammer stuff). But at the same time I'm sure I'm not the only faithful member who's been left out in the cold.
I live below the poverty level, and I dont' have and can't get a credit card. Also, so many horror stories about paypal have scared me away from it. I can't afford to pay every month for my LJ services, and so I have to save up money and send it to a friend with a credit card to pay for me. I would be sending money orders right to you guys, but OH RIGHT, you made it so people can't do that anymore.
And then, after four years of scrimping and saving and doing without things to get the money for a permanent account... guess what, people, only LJ staff get those now!
I feel slapped in the face. I've been on LJ nearly since it started, and I've had my paid account for over five years. I don't intend on giving up on LJ unless I'm forced to, but it's getting harder and harder to stay with you guys.
I'm pretty sure nobody will see this, or if they will nobody will care enough to answer constructively. But I just had to state my thoughts on all your improvements.